Download as PDF
Before submitting your manuscript to the Beilstein Journal of Nanotechnology please ensure that you have prepared all relevant materials according to the Instructions for Authors.
Please note that you must be one of the contributing authors to be eligible to submit the manuscript.
The following information and files must be available prior to submission:
- Preprint: During the submission process, you will be given the option to publish a preprint version of your manuscript in the Beilstein Archives (Full Research Papers and Letters only). Please ensure all contributing authors agree with this pre-publication and are aware that this is a permanent publication. The submitting author must provide an ORCID iD to publish a preprint.
- Cover Letter: The authors should explain why the manuscript is suitable for publication in the Beilstein Journal of Nanotechnology bearing in mind the publication criteria: high quality, originality, novelty and importance. The cover letter should include the title of the manuscript, the submitting author’s name and an indication whether the manuscript belongs to a thematic issue.
- Main Manuscript: The main manuscript must be provided in a standard file format (MS Word, LaTeX), including all equations, figures, schemes and tables embedded in the document. The upload of individual high-quality graphic files may be required during the revision stage of the manuscript (acceptable file formats: SVG, PNG, CDX, GIF, TIFF, JPEG, BMP, MML, EMF, WMF). LaTeX: Only manuscripts which adhere to the Beilstein class definition are accepted. To upload the main manuscript, a ZIP archive containing the *.tex document, a PDF version of the manuscript and all necessary files must be provided.
- Graphical Abstract: A graphical abstract must be uploaded as an individual file (not embedded in the main manuscript) with a maximum file size of 15 MB and a nominal size of 15 × 5 cm. The file should contain only a graphical depiction and limited text. Acceptable file formats are SVG, PNG, CDX, GIF, TIFF, JPEG, BMP, MML, EMF, WMF.
- Supporting Information: Supporting information files (e.g., graphs, photos, animations, movie files, large tables, rotatable molecular models, characterization data, spectra, crystallographic data, etc.) can be provided up to a maximum file size of 100 MB each. If LaTeX was used for preparation of supporting information files, all related files should all be included in the ZIP archive together with the main manuscript files. The main manuscript must include a short description of all supporting information files.
- Review-Only Material: Any other information relevant for the review process only must be uploaded as review-only material (e.g., related articles, previous review reports, etc.). You should also include permission letters here if you intend to reuse copyright material.
- Author Details: The email, first name, middle initials, last (family) name, organization, city/town and country for each contributing author must be entered and the authors should appear in the correct order. We highly encourage all authors to link their ORCID iD to their manuscript.
- Manuscript Details: The title, abstract and keywords must be provided.
- Referees: The contact information of at least 3 suggested referees (plus any excluded referees), including the full name, email address, organization, city/town, country, is required. The suggestion of additional, appropriate referees could reduce the review time. Any referee should be an independent expert from another research institution having the ability to provide an objective assessment of the manuscript.
Please check that all submission data you enter into the submission form of the Beilstein Publishing System is the same as given in the main manuscript. Uploaded files must not be encrypted or password protected. If you encounter any problems during the submission process, please contact the support team at